Kristin Ross joined the firm in 2009. She focuses onguiding clients through insurance claims and all stages of litigation. Kristin represents injured individuals in Vermont and New Hampshire in personal injury, product liability, medical malpractice, and civil rights claims. She has experience and success with pre-litigation settlement negotiations, and litigation including depositions of witnesses and experts, motion practice, conducting mediations and assisting with trials.Kristin was a critical member of the appellate team in Dzemila Heco v. Johnson Controls, Inc., playing an important role in the Vermont Supreme Court brief and appeal for a Van Dorn & Curtiss client who received a 43 million dollar verdict in a product’s liability case. She has also had enormous success in her motion practice and negotiating large, confidential settlements for her clients.
Kristin has been praised by her clients for her compassion, empathy, and dedication. Some of her clients have described her as follows:
- “From day one, Kristin and her team were behind me 100%.”
- “Kristin Ross was absolutely wonderful and made me feel as though my case was her first priority. Kristin and her entire team went above and beyond and were amazing at keeping track of all of the medical bills and medical paperwork etc. They were honest and upfront with me at all times and fought to get me what was fair.”
- “Kristin was thorough and persistent with the insurance company and health service providers for both myself and my son. They were firmly in my corner; fighting for me every step of the way.”
Kristin graduated from Gerry Spence’s Trial Lawyer’s College in Dubois, Wyoming in September, 2012. She was unanimously elected Class Representative by her class. She is currently on the College’s Alumni Board. She also completed the New Hampshire Trial Academy in 2012.
Kristin was one of fourteen attorneys chosen to be part of the 2014-2015 NHBA Leadership Academy. The Academy is a nine-month leadership-training program whose mission is to promote and encourage leadership and professionalism by identifying present and future leaders who are members of the New Hampshire Bar, and providing them with a program designed to develop leadership skills; to foster camaraderie; and to provide exposure to leaders in the legal, business and government communities.
Kristin is an active member of the Grafton County Bar Association. She has served as the association’s Secretary and President and is currently serving as Vice President. She is also a member of the New Hampshire Association for Justice and the Vermont Association for Justice, statewide professional associations of trial attorneys working to make sure people have a fair chance to receive justice through the legal system when they have been harmed by the acts of others.
Kristin is a native member of the local community and is active in the community. She regularly participates in fundraisers to support local causes such as The Prouty and Neighbor’s Unite. She lives in Haverhill, New Hampshire with her husband, Seth. In her leisure time, she enjoys kayaking, hiking with her dogs, gardening, snowshoeing, reading, and spending time with family and friends.
Vermont Law School, South Royalton, VT
- Juris Doctor, May 2009
- GPA 3.528
- Class Rank 20/191, Top 10%
- VLS Moot Court Advisory Board (MCAB)
- General Practice Program
- Semester in Practice at the Grafton County Attorney’s Office
Saint Michael’s College, Colchester, VT
- JB.A., magna cum laude; May 2006
- Double Major in Psychology and Religious Studies
- GPA 3.802
Gettysburg College, Gettysburg, PA
- GPA 4.0
JURISDICTIONS ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- New Hampshire
- New Hampshire Federal Court
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Grafton County Bar Association
- New Hampshire Association for Justice
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Vermont Association for Justice
- Vermont Bar Association
- FWarriors (Spence Trial Lawyers College) Alumni Association
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Dean’s Fellowship Scholarship Award; VLS 2007 – 2009
- Academic Achievement Awards; VLS; 2007 & 2008
- Phi Beta Kappa, Vermont Chapter
If you would like to set up a free consultation with experienced New Hampshire personal injury lawyer Kristin Ross, please contact the Law Offices of Van Dorn & Curtiss by phone at (866) 933-6115 or through our online form today if you are in New Hampshire including Manchester, Nashua, Concord or Vermont. We are equipped to handle the extra issues related to your claim.