Who Will Pay Your Medical Expenses After an Auto Accident?

Serving New Hampshire & Vermont including Concord, Manchester & Nashua

“The other driver caused the accident. Shouldn’t that person pay my medical expenses?”

An auto accident is a terrifying event, but it doesn’t take long to go from fear to frustration. It is not uncommon for a car crash, even a seemingly minor fender-bender, to lead to serious injuries. You might feel just fine right after the collision, but within a few hours or days, the pain sets in. Eventually you end up at the doctor’s office, only to find out that you have sustained significant injuries.

If you were seriously injured in a car accident, our attorneys are ready to help. Please call the Law Offices of Van Dorn & Curtiss today at (866) 933-6115 for a free consultation. We proudly serve clients in New Hampshire and Vermont.

Medical Expenses & Car Accidents

The law states that the negligent party in an accident must pay all reasonable medical expenses related to the car crash injuries. What types of medical expenses would apply? Basically, any of the following might be considered part of your care and treatment following the crash:

  • Emergency room visit
  • Treatment in the ER
  • Hospital bills
  • Medical treatment
  • Physical therapy
  • Medications

Sometimes, there is a discrepancy regarding whether the medical expenses were actually related to the car accident injury. The insurance company might employ the assistance of outside doctors in an attempt to prove that your medical expenses had nothing to do with the accident.

Get the Help You Need after a New Hampshire Auto Accident

At the Law Offices of Van Dorn & Curtiss, we have the skills and resources to help you with your accident case. We know the common problems that arise when attempting to settle with the insurance company and we will step in on your behalf, to ensure you are treated fairly. For a free evaluation of your case, contact us today by calling (866) 933-6115. We represent accident victims in Western New Hampshire and Eastern Vermont.