Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Settlement Reached

In January 2005 a boiler backfired in a Vermont housing complex. The backfire ruptured a now recalled plastic venting pipe, letting carbon monoxide into the building where Jeff Rodcliff and Ginger Aldridge lived.

Rodcliff lost his life and Aldridge was in a coma for weeks. Aldridge can now sit up and talk, but the exposure has left her in need of assistance for the rest of her life.

Because of her lifelong disability a settlement was reached by attorneys for Ginger Aldridge. The settlement will help her live more independently and will allow her to hire help when she needs it.

Though the settlement is private attorneys say that many people shared responsibility for the accident and therefore they are all paying some amount.

Aldridge asked that New England Air System's contribute money each year to local fire departments. The money is to be used for carbon monoxide education and prevention.

A bill requiring carbon monoxide detectors in any building where people sleep has already been signed into law.

If you have been injured by a defective product please contact your New Hampshire and Vermont product liability attorneys at Van Dorn & Curtiss today for your free consultation.

Categories:

We Provide Real Solutions To Your Complex Legal Issues

Backed by decades of collective experience, our seasoned attorneys can navigate personal injury victims through multiple legal matters.

    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.
Request a Free Consultation