Seven Questions that You Should Ask if You Are Injured
If you have been injured in a way that may be someone else's fault then you need to ask these seven questions.
- Am I entitled to compensation for the injury? Lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, reduction in quality of life, these should be compensated. It won't reduce the suffering or pain but it won't hurt either.
- How is this compensation decided? Our firm handles medical liens at no extra charge to our clients. We take a standard 1/3 of the settlement as our fee but with us you get your money's worth.
- Am I entitled to payment of medical bills? If you are injured, don't "tough it out" go see a doctor and keep good records of your bills, your time away from work, and your treatment. Remember the goal is to get better.
- Am I entitled to payment of lost wages? You are if you have missed work due to your injury.
- Am I entitled to compensation for pain and suffering? In some cases this makes up the biggest part of the settlement.
- How do I prove who was at fault? Our attorneys know how to get to the bottom of an accident. We use expert witnesses and a relentless pursuit of justice to fuel our discovery.
- Do I require the services of a lawyer? If you are not sure how you would go about handling a settlement or are not prepared to hold the insurance company responsible then the answer is yes.
Choosing the right lawyer makes all the difference. Let Van Dorn and Curtiss put our experience to work for you.