Five Questions to Ask When Interviewing a New Hampshire Personal Injury Lawyer
Choosing whom to represent you is not an easy task. Open the Yellow Pages and you will find hundreds of ads that all look pretty much the same. Watching television commercials featuring lawyers doesn’t help either. Most of these New Hampshire injury attorneys will stand in front of a bookshelf or sit behind a desk and present the same message – “We will fight for you!” “We care!”
Once you gather names of New Hampshire personal injury lawyers you are considering, it doesn’t get any easier. To help you with your search, we have compiled a list of questions you should ask during the initial conversation.
- Have you represented cases similar to mine? You want to make sure that the attorney you hire is familiar with your type of case and understands that area of law.
- How many years have you been practicing law? This question speaks to the lawyer’s experience. The more experience the lawyer has in that particular area of law, the better.
- Are you licensed in the state of New Hampshire? While this question seems pretty obvious, you do need to make sure that your attorney is licensed in the state. If he or she is not, it could create problems for you.
- Have you written any books or reports? If an attorney has authored a book or report, it is a good indication of his or her expertise and knowledge of the law.
- Are you a member of any associations? There are certain criteria to be members of industry associations. If the lawyer is a member of such an organization, it is a plus.
Don’t hesitate to ask questions. You have to make sure that you feel comfortable with the person you hire.
To find out more about our law firm or for answers to your questions, contact our office today at (603) 556-4148 or fill out our online form.
Be sure to order a FREE copy of our book, The Essential Guide to Your Vermont or New Hampshire Accident Case.