Your Children, Their School and Liability

When you send your child off to a Concord-area school, you expect the school’s teachers and administrators to provide a safe environment. Unfortunately, while most school officials are dedicated individuals who work sedulously for their students, some fall down on the job. When this happens, children can suffer personal injuries that will haunt them for the rest of their lives. Parents are understandably upset when this happens, and many wonder if they should speak with a personal injury lawyer about pursuing justice and compensation for their children. Unfortunately, whether the case is a premises liability claim regarding a dilapidated building or a breakdown in security, New Hampshire law makes it difficult to hold schools responsible.

Limited Options

Every case is different, and you shouldn’t automatically assume that the school has no liability for your child’s personal injury. Always speak to a personal injury lawyer like the ones at Van Dorn & Curtiss.

However, New Hampshire law provides substantial immunity to government bodies, including school districts, that makes it difficult to hold them responsible for personal injury claims. Section 507-B:5 of the New Hampshire code says that “no government unit shall be held liable…for bodily injury, personal injury or property damage….”

There are a small handful of exceptions to this statute, and when in doubt you should contact a personal injury lawyer to discuss your options.

If you or your child has suffered a personal injury in the Concord area and you would like to speak to a lawyer about your options, please contact The Law Offices of Van Dorn & Curtiss to schedule a free consultation.


We Provide Real Solutions To Your Complex Legal Issues

Backed by decades of collective experience, our seasoned attorneys can navigate personal injury victims through multiple legal matters.

    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.
Request a Free Consultation