Steps to Take Following a Car Accident
When you are involved in a car accident, what you do in the moments, days, and even weeks following can have a direct impact on your ability to collect proper compensation. The personal injury attorneys at Van Dorn & Curtiss offer the following list of dos and don’ts to help ensure you take all proper steps to protect yourself and collect the full compensation you are due.
Following a car accident, do:
- Call emergency services and cooperate with all emergency personnel
- Get the name, drivers license number, insurance and contact information of all involve drivers
- Get the make, model, license plate, and VIN number of all involved vehicles
- Get the name and contact information of any witnesses
- Take pictures of the scene from multiple angles
- Contact your own insurance company
- Admit fault to anyone
- Suggest payment options
- Begin working on compensation with insurance
Insurance companies are in the business of making a profit. We are in the business of helping victims of car accidents get fair compensation. Before you accept an offer from insurance, talk to us – we can help you determine how much your case is really worth and fight tooth and nail to secure the maximum compensation you deserve.
To schedule your free consultation with one of our car accident attorneys, please contact the Law Offices of Van Dorn & Curtiss today. We serve New Hampshire and Vermont from our office in Orford.