Signs of Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
If you have a loved one in a nursing home, it is important that you know how to identify signs of nursing home abuse and neglect. Equally important is contacting an experienced and qualified nursing home abuse lawyer at the first indication of mistreatment.
If you are in need of a nursing home lawyer in Concord, Manchester, or surrounding areas of New Hampshire, call Van Dorn & Curtiss at (603) 556-4148 to schedule a free and informative consultation today.
Signs of nursing home abuse and neglect may include:
- Unexplained injury such as bruises, lacerations, or broken bones
- STDs, broken skin around the genitals and similar indications of sexual abuse
- Bedsores, pressure ulcers, and generally unsanitary conditions
These signs are easily recognizable, but all not victims of abuse and neglect will show them. This makes it important to know other symptoms of mistreatment such as:
- The adopting of new habits like rocking or nail biting
- Visible discomfort or fear around nursing home staff
- A withdrawal from the nursing home community
If you have begun to notice any of these signs, please contact the Concord nursing home abuse lawyers at Van Dorn & Curtiss today. We serve all of Vermont and New Hampshire.