Drive Safe this July 4th Holiday
According to AAA, 41.9 million Americans will travel at least 50 miles this upcoming July 4th weekend. While only slightly higher than last year’s Fourth of July travel forecast, it is a large jump over normal weekend travel and one that should prompt safer driving habits.
Here are five easy ways to help prevent causing a car accident this weekend:
- Do not drink and drive, not even one beer
- Avoid distraction, including talking on a hands-free device
- Follow all posted speed limits and traffic signs
- Allow for a three to four second gap between yourself and the vehicle in front of you
- Budget extra time to get to and from your destination
These simple steps can help ensure you and those you love arrive safely and are able to enjoy your holiday weekend.