AAA Thanksgiving Travel Forecast
AAA predicts 46.9 million Americans will travel more than 50 miles from their home this Thanksgiving Holiday. Defined as Wednesday, November 25th – Saturday, November, 29th, this year will see a modest .6% increase over holiday travels from 2014. However, even a small increase in motorists can greatly increase risks for car accidents – and with an anticipated 89% of travelers driving to their destinations, there will be no small amount of traffic on New Hampshire and Vermont roadways.
If you or a loved one are involved in an accident while traveling this upcoming Thanksgiving Holiday weekend, please call (603) 556-4148 to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced New Hampshire personal injury attorneys.
How You can Stay Safe
You can help prevent causing an accident and reduce your chances of being involved in one by:
- Never drinking and driving
- Turning your cellphone off entirely while in the car
- Refraining from eating, personal grooming, and other forms of distraction
- Obeying all traffic signs and signals
- Slowing down in poor weather conditions
- Allowing a 2 – 3 car gap in between you and motorists in front of you
If you are involved in a car accident over the Thanksgiving Holiday, please contact the Law Offices of Van Dorn & Curtiss to schedule a free consultation. We serve all of Vermont and New Hampshire.