Slow Down for Cooler Weather
As the colder month approach, risk factors for car accidents increase significantly. You can help reduce your risks of causing or being involved in a car accident by simply slowing down and being the safest driver on the road.
To reduce your risks of causing an accident as inclement weather nears:
- Obey traffic signs and speed limits
- Slow down by five to ten MPH in fog, rain, and snow
- Avoid distractions like cellphones, eating, and personal grooming while driving
- Use lights in poor weather conditions, even during the day
- Allow a two-car gap (three-second count) between you and the car in front of you
- Pull over if driving becomes too dangerous
These steps combined can help prevent your causing an accident, but may not be enough to prevent others from involving you through their behavior. If you are injured or a loved one is killed in an auto accident this winter, the New Hampshire personal injury attorneys at Van Dorn & Curtiss can help. We are prepared to meet with you free of charge to discuss your case and your rights, and to help you determine the best way to get the justice you are due.
To schedule your free consultation with one of our New Hampshire car accident attorneys, please contact the Law Offices of Van Dorn & Curtiss today.